The Twin Lights Half Marathon is a 13.1 mile out and back course that begins at Good Harbor Beach in Gloucester and leads runners along the seacoast of Cape Ann and through beautiful downtown Rockport. The seashore will be visible for most of the race's route and allows runners a close-up of many quaint views of some of New England’s most spectacular scenery.
The race will start in the Good Harbor Beach parking lot. Runners will exit the lot, and turn right to go north to follow Route 127A through downtown Rockport, continue north on Route 127 along the seacoast for a few more miles and loop around in Pigeon Cove and return south on 127 along the coast to finish inside Good Harbor Beach.
There will be 5-6 aid stations with water, Gatorade, and porta potties along the course.
|Course Directions From the Good Harbor Beach Parking Lot:
1. From Good Harbor Beach, turn right on Thatcher Rd (Route 127A).
2. Continue on 127A into downtown Rockport
3. Continue on Mt. Pleasant St at T-Wharf
4. Bear left onto Main St at Dock Square
5. Keep right on Beach St
6. Continue on Route 127/Granite St.
7. Turn left onto Curtis St in Pigeon Cove
8. Turn right on Stockholm Ave.
9. Turn slight left on Pigeon Hill St
10. Turn right at Story St to return to Route 127
11. Turn right on Route 127 (Granite Street)
12. Stay left on Route 127A into downtown Rockport
13. Stay left on Beach Street
14. Turn right on School Street
15. Turn left on Broadway
16. Turn right on 127A (Mt Pleasant St)
17. Continue on Route 127A back to Good Harbor Beach
18. Enter Good Harbor Beach to finish
Run Course Elevation